Administration for Community Living (ACL), at HHS
- October 27, 2016 - Final Rule: Independent Living Services and Centers for Independent Living
- October 5, 2016 - ACL Announces Voluntary Guidelines, Funding to Boost State Adult Protective Services
- At the 10/5/16 Elder Justice Coordinating Council Meeting, ACL announced the first-ever voluntary guidelines for state Adult Protective Services (APS) systems as well as new grants to foster innovation in elder justice. The guidelines reflect the value of, and continued need for, an evidence base to guide the work of combating elder abuse. To that end, ACL is funding eight innovation grants totaling $3.3 million to support the development of knowledge and infrastructure in the areas of guardianship, elder abuse forensic centers, self-neglect, and combating elder abuse in Indian country.
Administration for Children & Families (ACF), at HHS
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), at HHS
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Cervices (CMS), at HHS
- January 10, 2017 - Updated FAQ: Calculations for Objectives and Measures Requiring Patient Action in the EHR Incentive Programs
- January 1, 2017 - The 2017 Spousal Impoverishment Standard becomes effective.
- January, 2017 - New Web Page: Access Monitoring Review Plans (AMRPs)
- Fall, 2016 - Released: 2017 Medicaid Managed Care Rate Development Guide
- November 30, 2016 - Final Rule: Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Programs: Eligibility Notices, Fair Hearing and Appeal Processes for Medicaid and Other Provisions Related to Eligibility and Enrollment for Medicaid and CHIP
- November 21, 2016 - Informational Bulletin: Section 1115 Demonstration Opportunity to Allow Medicaid Coverage to Former Foster Care Youth Who Have Moved to a Different State
- November 9, 2016 - Request for Information (RFI): Federal Government Interventions To Ensure the Provision of Timely and Quality Home and Community Based Services (Comments due Jan. 9, 2017)
- November, 2016 - Handbook: Coordination of Benefits and Third Party Liability (COB/TPL) in Medicaid 2016
- October 25, 2016 - Final FY 2014 and Preliminary FY 2016 Disproportionate Share Hospital (DSH) Allotments
- October, 2016 - CMS Innovation Center publishes an Alternative Payment Model Design Toolkit (PDF)
- August, 2016 - CMS Informational Bulletin: Suggested Approaches for Strengthening and Stabilizing the Medicaid Home Care Workforce (PDF)
- Final Rule – Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Reform of Requirements for Long Term Care Facilities
- This final rule is effective on November 28th, 2016, and will revise the requirements that Long-Term Care facilities must meet to participate in the Medicare and Medicaid programs.
- September 6, 2016 - CMS awards consumer assistance funding to support 2017 Health Insurance Marketplace enrollment. CMS announced $63 million in Navigator grant awards to returning and new organizations. These awards will support local in-person assistance to help consumers navigate, shop, and enroll in the wide variety of Marketplace coverage options.
Office of Inspector General (OIG)
Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC), at HHS
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), at HHS